jenniferwaggonerhartling

jenniferwaggonerhartling

The Hope Factory: A Novel

The Hope Factory: A Novel - Lavanya Sankaran I'm smitten with tales set in India. I'm besotted by convincing characters. I'm crazy about skillful prose. The Hope Factory contains everything on my literary wish list. This is the tale of two families. Anand and his family seem to have it all. Kamala and her son live on the very edge of poverty. In reality both families are dealing with matters that could send them over the brink to ruin. This novel is populated with corrupt politicians, shady coworkers, and unseemly friends. Anand and Kamala even have to be cautious of their own family members who don't have their best interests at heart.At the core of The Hope Factory is the desire that Anand and Kamala have to be good parents. I was especially struck by the struggle that Kamala goes through to make sure that her son is educated and able to rise above their current station. The desire for a better and secure future is something we can all understand. Lavanya Sankaran uses that theme to write an outstanding story.